Debbie Simmons, Executive Director
Anchor Point’s desire is to help children, individuals, and families in the greater Clear Lake area to find HOPE amidst some of today’s most challenging situations: raising children with difficult backgrounds, the crisis of an unplanned pregnancy and recovery from sexual abuse and abortion.
We do that through providing:
* Crisis counseling/intervention around a pregnancy
* Confidential pregnancy testing/ultrasound services
* Education and Case Management with our pregnancy center clients
* Recovery groups for post abortion and sexual abuse recovery
* Community education through our Discover Adoption courses
* Our Pathway to Hope camp for families with kids from difficult backgrounds
Our ultimate goal is for each of these individuals to not only survive in this life but to THRIVE
Emmanuel Favor, Executive Director
Family Promise of Clear Creek mobilizes the faith community to empower homeless families to achieve lasting independence. The program’s goal is to help transition families away from homelessness to permanent housing by providing a safe environment that includes shelter, meals and hospitality; by offering supportive services to aid in the search of employments and housing; and by organizing congregations to reach out with compassion to our families in need.
Josh Dorrell, Executive Director
Galveston Urban Ministries is a faith-based organization that empowers the poor and marginalized of Galveston through community development and support services.
- Engaging relationships with people from all walks of life to share God’s love and blessings for the whole person.
- Equipping resources for churches and the community that will offer opportunities for others to serve.
- Empowering programs that encourage growth holistically (spiritually, emotionally, and physically).
We Are Committed To:
- Listening and responding to the needs of the people through utilizing their assets.
- Developing, initiating, and sustaining strategic, relevant, and innovative ministries.
- Replicating proven urban ministry models that allow effectiveness to be monitored and measured for results.
- Seeking to fill unmet needs without duplicating or competing with existing services or ministries.
- Being wise stewards of resources.
Sharon Bayus, President and CEO
Innovative Alternatives, Inc. provides a wide variety of services to individuals, families and organizations in either a Christian or secular format based upon the request and definition of the client. Our Victim Assistance Program provides free individual, group and psycho-educational training to anyone who has ever been a victim of crime, whether or not it was ever reported, as long as the client wishes to resolve symptoms related to the trauma in counseling. Our general counseling and family preservation counseling services serve all other mental health needs. IA takes most major insurance, Medicaid, Employee Assistance benefits and offers sliding-scale to those who qualify. Mediation Programs include Family Mediation offerings such as Reconciliation, Intervention, Elder Care & Guardianship and/or Divorce & Custody types of mediation. To the workplace, we offer Personnel Grievance Mediation, Team Mediation for development of positive work culture and/or intervention into team or departmental conflict and a variety of training programs. We also offer Violence Prevention Programs for Schools and Ministry Assistance Programs for Churches.
Erika Steele, Executive Director
Lighthouse Christian Ministries (LCM) is a non-denominational Christian Outreach mission dedicated to assisting our neighbors in need. LCM provides emergency financial assistance and food for short term help. We are dedicated to serving each individual with respect and love, through Christ.
Jan Wheeler, Executive Director
Project Joy and Hope strives to prevent and relieve suffering for children with life-limiting conditions and their families through community awareness, education, and special supportive care services and programs.
We exists to enhance the quality of families and children who live with life-limiting conditions. We are based in the greater Houston-Galveston area and serve as an advisor and model for similar programs throughout Texas and the United States.
In order for a local ministry to be considered as a potential Partner Ministry, the following requirements need to be met: Mission of the ministry must be Christ-centered in their approach; 501c3 Tax Exempt Non-Profit, have an Executive Director in place who is interested in building relationships with people in the business community, able to attend luncheons and serve as the main point-of-contact; have ways for people in the business community to be involved in their ministry using their business expertise, networks and resources. All potential Partner Ministries are required to apply/reapply annually.
Jonathan Frost, Executive Director
Youth For Christ Houston reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to prayer and the Word of God, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.